International Day of People with Disability Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is The Good Meal Co. Pty. Ltd. (“Promoter”, “The Good Meal Co.”) (ABN 44 623 746 592) of 37 Bromley Road, Emu Plains, NSW 2750, Australia.
Tel: 1800 155 255. The Good Meal Co. is a trademark and brand registered and owned by The Good Meal Co. Pty. Ltd.
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to individuals who reside within Australia, are aged 18 years or above and reside within the delivery area of The Good Meal Co. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter. Immediate family refers to any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- The competition will be run from Monday 26th November 2018 00:00 (12:00am) AEST until Sunday 2nd December 2018 23:59 (11:59pm) AEST (“Promotional Period”).
- To participate/enter the promotion/competition, eligible individuals must place an order with The Good Meal Co either via The Good Meal Co.’s online website or via telephone.
- Number of entries will depend on how many orders are placed during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is dispute as to identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make a determination as to the identity of the entrant.
- The draws will take place at The Good Meal Co. 37 Bromley Road, Emu Plains, NSW 2750, Australia at 11:00 (11:00am) AEST on Monday 3rd December 2018.
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner is drawn based on a random selection. The winner will be notified by Email Message or Telephone within one (1) business day of the draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner of the prize will receive a Good Meal Co. Order with No NDIS Co-Contribution / Co-Payment. The maximum for the value of one week of free meals (or seven menu items). The maximum number of menu items that can be won is 20 menu items.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes will not take place.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name (first name and last name initial) and their suburb of residence in the event they are the winner in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reasons beyond reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion/competition, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States or Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including Non-Excludable Guarantee, the Promoter (including respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss of damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including Non-Excludable Guarantee, the Promoter (including respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss of damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation to the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; (f) use of prize.